SpaceUp Europe Terms & Conditions – Legal Disclaimer
1. Organizers. SpaceUp Europe and SpaceBuffet (collectively referred to hereinafter as “SpaceUpEU”) are organized by SpaceUp Europe vzw, a Belgian non-profit association founded and operated by non-professional volunteers (hereinafter “the Association”). The Cosmodrome’s contribution to this event is limited to providing access to and use of its facilities and accepts no further liability or responsibility towards participants.
2. Tickets. Each participant must present to the reception desk a printed ticket and a government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport or national ID card); otherwise they will be refused entrance. Minors should have a valid documentation of identity evidencing date of birth to qualify for the discounted or free tickets; otherwise participation may be refused to both the adult and the accompanied minor. The reception desk shall be open only during the hours designated in the schedule; participants arriving at different times may be refused entrance. Tickets are unique, for one person only and non-transferable. Loss or theft of or any other problem with the ticket must be reported by email to SpaceUpEU@gmail.com at least one full day prior to the date of the event. Tickets may only be purchased from the official online registration system. Transfers of tickets to any third party at any or no price are prohibited. Non-original ticket holders shall be refused entrance to the SpaceUpEU. Original ticket buyers shall hold the Association harmless from any claims of whatever nature by third parties claiming to hold tickets not purchased through the official online registration system.
3. Cancelation & Postponement. SpaceUpEU is hosted on a best-effort basis and may be cancelled, postponed or modified for any reason. The program and agenda are subject to change. Participants are urged to make flexible and fully refundable travel and accommodation arrangements. The Association accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage resulting from or associated to attending SpaceUpEU or if SpaceUpEU is cancelled, postponed or modified in any way with limited or no notice. Tickets issued for the original date of SpaceUp Europe shall be valid for any rescheduled dates.
3. Refund. No cooling-off period applies. Tickets will not be refunded if participants are unable to attend SpaceUp Europe for any reason or if they change their minds about purchasing the ticket. No refund will be given to participants unable or unwilling to attend on the rescheduled dates. Ticket price will be refunded at cost only in the event SpaceUp Europe is cancelled but not rescheduled. If such a circumstance arises, participants are required to send within 15 days as of the announcement of the cancellation an email to SpaceUpEU@gmail.com, claiming their refund. If no such claim is made in time, ticket prices will be forfeited.
4. Legal age. Participants confirm that they are or will be 18 years of age on 22 September 2012, that they intend to travel to Genk, Belgium, and attend SpaceUp Europe. Parents and/or guardians are entirely responsible and liable for the participants under the age of 18 who they accompany during SpaceUpEU. Although activities for children may be scheduled during the event, there will be no qualified childcare, nor any other supervision thereof. Participants should not expect that the venue facilities are equipped for childcare.
5. Health & safety. Participants take part in SpaceUpEU entirely at their own risk and certify that they have sufficient health, travel and accident insurance for their stay in Belgium and for their activities at SpaceUp Europe. There will be no qualified physician on site during the event and the closest hospital is located at 1.5km distance. Participants with health conditions requiring medication or other care need to bring any medical material or devices they need with them to the venue. The Association accepts no responsibility or liability for any accident or other health related incident occurring during the event. Unfortunately, due to the location of the Cosmodrome, access to persons with mobility restrictions cannot be guaranteed.
6. Safety of property. Participants are responsible for the safety of all their belongings during the event. There will be no locker rooms, safes or other similar facilities available for participants. The cloak rooms or similar facilities will not be guarded nor supervised. Delivery of any item thereto will be entirely on the participants’ risk. Due to the number of persons present at the venue during the event, participants are urged not to bring any valuables to SpaceUpEU. The Association accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss, theft, destruction or damage to participants’ property, including participants’ cars or other transportation means.
7. Intellectual property. All products and merchandising material used during SpaceUpEU remain the exclusive property of the Association, the Cosmodrome and/or Ticketscript both intellectually and physically. Participation at SpaceUpEU affords no right of whatever nature to such proprietary material.
8. Data protection. Participants’ personal data shall be processed in accordance with the respective provisions of Belgian law. Participants agree that their personal data shall be collected, processed and maintained in the Association’s records for the purposes of organizing, marketing, advertising, and implementing SpaceUpEU. They also agree that their name and home town/country may be freely publicized by the Association. Participants personal data may be transferred to third parties for the purposes mentioned above. Participants may refuse such transfer to third parties by sending an email to SpaceUpEU@gmail.com. Participants shall always have the right to review and correct their personal data as processed by the Association. Participants acknowledge that the SpaceUpEU is a public event, and by participating they agree that their image and/or voice will recorded via photography, video or TV for archive use and for live broadcast/webcast. Recorded SpaceUpEU proceedings will later be uploaded to Youtube.
9. Acceptance of Terms & Conditions. Purchasers of tickets confirm and acknowledge that they have received a copy of these Terms & Conditions and that they have read and accepted their contents.
10. Applicable law & Jurisdiction. Participation to SpaceUpEU and all relations between participants and the Association are regulated by the laws of Belgium. Any dispute or controversy arising out of or in connection thereto shall be resolved exclusively by the Courts of Brussels.
Please submit any questions via email to SpaceUpEU@gmail.com
Angie, Eico, Jo, Alex, Marco & Remco
SpaceUp Europe vzw.